In the construction industry stainless steel is one of the most used material because of its strength and durability. Therefore, there are plenty of advantages of this material in various construction projects.
Let us learn few benefits of steel channel.
- Stainless steel has best strength to weight ratio
- Stainless steel channel has the ability to join different materials and can be transformed to any shape
- Stainless steel is highly resistive against corrosion
- Stainless steel can be recycled and considered to be green item
- It has very good mechanical and physical property and therefore it is suitable for constructing beams or columns in the construction projects.
Provides various industrial solutions
Stainless steel channels are used for many kinds of industrial requirements. Following are few different varieties of stainless steel channels available in the market
- UPN – European standard
Most of the standard stainless-steel channels are available which is known as UPN or UNP in the market which is used for many kinds of industrial applications, machinery building as well as in construction projects. Such stainless steels are generally produced from scrap and can be easily recycled. This type of channel is also known as U channel.
- UPE – Stainless steel channels with parallel flange
Stainless steel with parallel flanges is known as UPE channel in the market. This is an alternate to UPN series. In case of UPE variety the metal thicknesses are thinner however the static values are comparable with the other variety. Due to the characteristics of UPE channel, engineers and architects can reduce the weight almost by 9 per cent around the strong axis. Also, on the weaker axis there can be reduction of almost 24 per cent. By keeping same static condition, the UPE profiles can be reduced by 30 per cent.
- UPA – Parallel Flange stainless steel channels
This type of parallel flanges has same thickness as that of UPE series. This type of channel is cost effective solution for many different applications. Also, this type of channel is easier to assemble. Most of the columns, lintels above doors and also for beams consist of this type of channel.
All the above varieties of stainless steel channels are available in the market and depending upon the complexity of project engineers and architect makes the necessary selections. Most of the steel vendors of your area can supply these items as per your requirement.