Data is the lifeblood of modern businesses in today’s digital world. Creating value from data has become a necessity for companies worldwide. Since information is fundamental to the running and growth of an organisation, data analytics has emerged as a new idea in technology-driven organisations. As predicted by current trends, the data analytics field continues to grow, which is why many students opt for this career path.
What is MBA in Data Analytics?
Today, a firm can only function successfully with a database, and MBA in Data Analytics gains more practicality in such a scenario. It is a two-year postgraduate program that deals with finding, creating, processing, and manipulating data patterns to report results. This MBA course focuses on data management, coordination, and human resources.
As a graduate of the MBA in Data Analytics, you will be responsible for handling and storing data, providing services to clients, and maintaining good relationships with them.
Additionally, data analysts incorporate interactive relationships with organisations. MBAs in Data Analytics involve organising, handling, and storing data without errors.
Role of MBA Data Analyst
Data Analysts collect, analyse, and process raw data from information through several methods and strategies. They provide the required reports on time and serve the specified domain. Once you complete your MBA in Data Analytics and land a job, your job role may include –
- Data Identification: Choosing algorithms based on data properties and knowing the data.
- Data Assembling: Gathering and assembling data to form patterns.
- Data Interpretation: Implementing, reviewing, and concluding data.
- Data Analysing: Analyse and arrange data in a specific dataset.
- Results Reporting: Data managers summarise data sets’ patterns.
What Makes a Data Analytics MBA a Rewarding Career?
MBA in Data Analytics professionals has many options available.
- Career Growth: Companies cannot survive without a data management team in today’s competitive job market.
- Demand: Data analysts are in high order because they control organisations’ confidential data and quickly produce reports per the organisation’s needs.
- Research: Businesses expect this sector to conduct ongoing research.
- Higher Expectations: This department requires students with high-level data knowledge.
MBA in Data Analytics in India – Course Overview
Listed below is the MBA in Data Analytics course overview.
As with other Master of Business Administration courses, candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum 50% aggregate percentage.
- Students applying for MBA Data Analytics degree programmes must pass one of the entrance exams accepted by the university, such as CAT, XAT, MAT, etc.
- A candidate must also undergo and give a personal interview and group discussion to prove their eligibility for an MBA in Data Analytics program.
MBA in Data Analytics Syllabus
|First Year Syllabus
|Second Year Syllabus
MBA in Data Analytics Colleges in India
Take a quick glance at some of the top MBA colleges offering specialisation in Data Analytics.
- Sushant University – Gurgaon
- Rayat Bahra University – Mohali
- Jagran Lake City University – Bhopal
- Sage University – Indore
- Ajeenkya DY Patil University – Pune
- Sandip University – Nashik
- Chaitanya (Deemed to be University) – Warangal
- Impact Institute of Management Studies – Bangalore
- Netaji Subhas University – Jamshedpur
- NSHM Knowledge Campus – Kolkata
MBA in Data Analytics Career Options
The job opportunities for MBAs in Data Analytics in India are plentiful. All leading organisations need skilled managers — people who can interpret and analyse data.
Following are the significant employment areas for MBA in data analytics.
- Banks’ Business Intelligence Units
- Insurance Companies
- Technology Consultancy Companies
- Data Management Services
- Analytics Solutions Providers
- Business Analytics & Research industry
- Information Management Services
- Software industry
Listed below are the job profiles of data analysts in many companies.
- Data Architect
- Data Analyst
- Project Data Associate
- Data Engineer
- Data Associate
- Data Scientist
- IT System Analyst
- Technical Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Research Analyst
- System Data Analyst
MBA in Data Analytics Salary
The standard pay scale may range from ₹5 LPA to ₹40 LPA based on the candidate’s skills and experience. With experience, a graduate’s career progresses, and they earn more money.
As per payscale.com, listed below are the MBA in Data Analytics salaries.
|System Analyst||₹4.5 lakh per annum|
|Research Analyst||₹5.5 lakh per annum|
|Business Analyst||₹6.7 lakh per annum|
|Data Analytics Manager||₹7 lakh per annum|
|Data Scientist||₹9 lakh per annum|
|Technical Analyst||₹10 lakh per annum|
|Data Architect||₹20 lakh per annum|
MBA in Data Analytics – Top Recruiters
The top recruiting companies for MBA data analytics are,
- Latent View
- SG Analytics
- Wipro Technologies
- HCL Technologies
- Mahindra Satyam
MBA in Data Analytics is an industry-focused course offering great placement opportunities. But just getting the degree will not be very helpful in securing a good job. Candidates must carefully choose the MBA college. An MBA degree from a premier college can have more benefits in terms of placement opportunities. For example, there are more than 50 colleges in India that offer the Sunstone’s benefits to students. Sunstone is a leading education service provider that offers enhanced employability through advanced training programmes and 100% placement assistance.
How to prepare for the entrance examination of the MBA Data Analytics courses?
To crack the MBA Data Analytics entrance exam, candidates must focus on the syllabus and study with discipline. Many people who passed the entrance examination with flying colours suggest practising aptitude-based questions as much as possible.
Can I get direct admission to the MBA Data Analytics programme?
You can get a direct access MBA in Data Analytics if you have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 45%–50% aggregate from an acknowledged university or college. Also, you should pass the MBA entrance examinations with good scores to attend the GD and PIs. Getting admission depends on your overall performance of the above.
What is the duration of the MBA in Data Analytics course?
MBA in Data analytics is a two-year postgraduate program covering major data analytics topics.